In order to participate in the Golden State Gymnastics program, a parent or legal guardian is required to agree to the following information upon registration. It is written here for information purposes only.
Covenant Not to Sue for Injury or Damages
Notice: This is a legally binding agreement. By signing this agreement, you waive your right to bring a court action to recover compensation or to obtain any other remedy for any injury to yourself or your property or for your death, however caused, arising out of your use of the facilities of Golden State Gymnastics, now or in the future.
I hereby acknowledge and agree that the sport of gymnastics and use of the accompanying equipment has INHERENT RISKS. I have full knowledge of the nature and extent of all of the risks inherent in gymnastics and the use of the facilities of the GYM, including, but not limited to:
- All manner of injury resulting from falling off of the gymnastics equipment, climbing ropes, trampolines, or any other area of the facility;
- Cuts and abrasions resulting from skin contact on various surfaces and equipment;
- Failure of any equipment or part of the equipment;
- Injuries occasioned by the other users of the GYM;
- Injuries resulting from landing on the landing surfaces; and
- Injuries to bones, joints, tendons or death.
I further acknowledge that the above list is not inclusive of all possible risks associated with the use of the GYM and that the above list in no way limits the extent or reach of this release and covenant not to sue. In consideration of my use of the GYM I agree not to claim or to sue for any injury or damages resulting from risks inherent in the gymnastics and physical activity that I will pursue in the GYM including but not limited to the risks that have been outlined above.
Release, Indemnification and Liquidation Damages
In consideration of my use of the GYM, I the undersigned user, agree to release on behalf of myself, my heirs, representatives, successors, executors, administrators and assigns, and HEREBY DO RELEASE Golden State Gymnastics, Inc. a California not-for-profit corporation, its officers, agents and employees from any cause of action, claims or demands of any nature whatsoever, including but not limited to, a claim of NEGLIGENCE, which I, my heirs, representatives, successors, executors, administrators and assigns may now have, or have in the future against the GYM on account of personal injury, property damage, death or accident of any kind, arising out of or in any way related to my use of the GYM whether that use is supervised or unsupervised, however the injury or damage is caused, including but not limited to, the NEGLIGENCE of Golden State Gymnastics, Inc., its officers, agents or employees.
In consideration of my use of the GYM, I the undersigned user, agree to INDEMNIFY and HOLD HARMLESS Golden State Gymnastics, Inc., its officers, agents and employees from any and all causes of actions, claims, demands, losses, or costs of any nature whatsoever arising out of or in any way relating to my use of the GYM. I hereby certify the following:
- That I have full knowledge of the nature and extent of the risks inherent in the use of the GYM and that I am voluntarily assuming the risks. I understand that I will be solely responsible for any loss or damage, including death, I sustain while using the GYM and that by this agreement, I am relieving Golden State Gymnastics, Inc. of any liability for such loss, damage or death.
- That I am in good health and that I have no physical limitations which would preclude my safe use of the facilities and equipment of the GYM.
- That I have sufficient health, accident and liability insurance to cover any bodily injury or property damage I may incur while participating in this activity and to cover bodily injury or property damage caused to a third party as a result of my participation in this activity. If I have no such insurance, I certify that I am capable of personally paying for any and all such expenses or liability.
- Should it become necessary for the GYM to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, or any portion thereof, I agree to pay all reasonable costs and attorney’s fees thereby expended, or for which liability is incurred.
Authorization of Consent to Treatment of a Minor
I/We, the undersigned parent(s) or guardian(s) of the above-registered student(s), a minor(s), do hereby authorize Golden State Gymnastics as agent for the undersigned, to consent to any X-ray examination, anesthetic, medical or surgical diagnosis or treatment and hospital care which is deemed advisable by and is to be rendered under the general or special supervision of any physician and/or medical staff of St. Joseph Medical Center or closest emergency center whether such diagnosis or treatment is rendered at the office of said physician or at said hospital.
I understand that this authorization is given in advance of any specific diagnosis, treatment, or hospital care being required but is given to provide authority and power on the part of our aforesaid agent to give specific consent to any and all such diagnosis, treatment or hospital care which the aforementioned physician in the exercise of his or her best judgment may deem advisable.
This authorization is given pursuant to the provisions of Section 258 of the Civil Code of California. This authorization shall remain effective until the student’s membership terminates unless sooner revoked in writing to said agent.
Rules and Policies
Golden State Gymnastics is committed to providing a fun and safe environment in which students can learn and develop their talents. We have taken steps to ensure that this goal is met by selecting instructors that have years of experience in the sport of gymnastics – both as athletes and teachers. Our instructors are required to complete safety certification through USA Gymnastics and to undergo a background check and FBI fingerprinting. Finally, Golden State Gymnastics provides educational opportunities to our staff to ensure accurate, updated techniques are taught to your children. While these standards will help ensure a safe environment at our gym, we must also ask parents, friends and students to abide by our Rules and Policies.
Most importantly, no one is allowed on the gymnastics equipment or in the gym or play areas for the purposes of participating in the Golden State Gymnastics’ programs without having this signed waiver form on file. Students are not permitted on any of the equipment before or after class time. Students must wait for their instructor in the lobby before entering the gym area. Parents and gymnasts must obey all posted signs in and around the facility. Only participating gymnasts are allowed in the gym during their class time, or an adult if they are participating in a parent tot style class.
MINORS: If participant is under 18 years of age, the signature of a Parent or Guardian is required.
- We strive to provide the highest quality gymnastics experience for your child. We want you and your child to receive the full benefit of participating in this unique and fun activity. To this end, it is imperative that your child be prepared for class ON TIME. We prepare fun warm up activities as well as incorporate important conditioning and stretching at the beginning of class to prepare your child’s body for the upcoming activities. It is distracting to the other students and the instructor when students come late. If you arrive more than 10 minutes after your scheduled start time, you may not be allowed to participate and be asked to schedule a make up class instead. We appreciate your cooperation in having your child in class on time.
Please do not bring sick children to the gym. Allow them to stay home and recover – this will reduce the likeliness of personal injury and the spread of illness to other students and instructors.
Female athletes should wear either a leotard, or shorts and a t-shirt/tank top. Shorts and tops should fit snugly to their bodies (loose clothing may snag on the equipment). Their hair should be pulled up in a rubber band if shoulder length or longer. Please no socks or shoes on the equipment. Rings, jewelry, watches, friendship bracelets, etc. should not be worn during work-out. Stud earrings are permitted.
Male athletes should wear shorts and a t-shirt/tank top. Shorts and tops should fit snugly to their bodies (loose clothing may snag on the equipment). Their hair should be pulled up in a rubber band if shoulder length or longer. Please no socks or shoes on the equipment. Rings, jewelry, watches, friendship bracelets, etc. should not be worn during work-out. Stud earrings are permitted.
All students are required to bring water bottle with them to class.
Thank you for helping us provide a safe environment for your children by following these rules!
Missed Classes and Make Ups
Monthly tuition pays for your child’s space in class regardless of whether or not they attend. As a courtesy, we offer the opportunity to make up a missed class under certain conditions. We cannot guarantee make up class availability and we do not give refunds for missed classes. Make ups are subject to the following conditions:
- A gymnast is allowed to make up a missed class subject to space availability based on the current class schedule.
- A gymnast is eligible for a makeup only if a parent/guardian calls the front office prior to the missed class. (818) 558-1177.
- The gymnast must be currently enrolled in a regular class when doing the make up.
- Make up class is forfeited if a gymnast is dropped and re-enrolls at a later time.
- Make up class is subject to availability.
- Make up class does not transfer from student to student.
- A gymnast can only make up a class within his or her current enrolled level.
- Absolutely no reduction of class fees will be made.
- No make ups are available for Firecrackers, Hotshots, Boys Pre-team and Team level gymnasts.
- No make ups for classes when the gym is closed for holidays. This has already been accounted for in our annual pricing.
- Absolutely NO WALK-INS.
We ask that you arrive no more than 15 minutes before class start time and that you stay with your child until they are in class. Parents, if you choose to leave the facility while your child is in class, please sign out at the Front Office Staff.
Otherwise, all parents and siblings must please wait in the lobby area during class. Please be respectful and allow the students and their instructors to work without distraction. We want our classes to be productive and efficient. The only exception is for the Parent-Tot classes. You will receive specific instructions from your Parent-Tot instructor on observation policies.
Gum, soda pop and food are not permitted in the gymnastics area. Water only is allowed if in closed containers and away from the equipment.
No horseplay in the Gym.
Photo Release and Misc:
I understand that my child’s likeness/voice/image may be used by Golden State Gymnastics on their website, in programs or publications. I expressly release Golden State Gymnastics from any privacy, defamation, or other claims I may have arising out of this use.
Parking and Saftey:
Parents, please be mindful of arriving to class in time to find legal parking AND walk your child inside to get to class on time. Double parking in front of our building is ILLEGAL and UNSAFE at all times. PLEASE remember to carefully look for children, people, and other cars when entering and exiting the parking lot. Please respect our neighbors’ requests for NO PARKING in their lots or BLOCKING of their driveways. Thank you for your cooperation.
Please be respectful of others by supervising your children in the lobby. Screaming and running through the lobby is not acceptable behavior. Please ask for help with the TV or water, if needed.
ANIMALS: Please leave your pets at home out of respect for others, especially children, who may have allergies to or fears of cats and dogs, etc.
Lost and Found:
Please regularly check the lost and found bin in the TV lobby for socks, jackets, toys, etc. We try to hang on to items for a least a few weeks before we put them in the PlanetAid.org bin in the parking lot. For smaller items like jewelry, sunglasses, cameras, or cell phones, please check with the office.
Your Monthly Tuition is due on the 25th of the month prior, and is considered late after the 1st of the month. There is a $15.00 late charge if payment is received after the 1st. For your convenience, we accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
Automatic Credit Card Payment is offered to help you avoid the $15.00 late charge. If you are interested, please ask the office how you can sign up.
There is a one-time initial registration fee of $30.00 per child.
Refund Policy:No refunds or credits will be given after the free trial class other than for the 100% Satifaction Guarantee. We are a non-profit program and in order to maintain the affordability of the program, we strictly adhere to this policy. The registration fee is non-refundable under any circumstances.
The gym is closed for classes on the following holidays and special events: Flip Fest, Easter Sunday, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Eve Day through New Years’ Day. Monthly tuition is based on the concept of a 4-week month. The assumption is that a child will stay enrolled throughout the year. Not all months have 4 weeks – some have 5. We do not charge extra for the 5th class, nor do we give refunds, credit or adjustments for those rare times when a month may have only 3 classes because of a holiday or special event.
If for whatever reason you or your student chooses to discontinue their gymnastics classes, please inform the front office staff so that we may prevent unnecessary billing. If you are dropped due to non-payment and you choose to re-enroll within the same month, we may charge a $15.00 class reinstatement fee.
By signing this document you acknowledge that you have read and understood all parts of this form. There are no exceptions.
GSG complies with all applicable federal and state laws with regard to sexual harassment. The Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA) covers all employers in California and defines harassment as including sexual harassment, gender harassment, and harassment based on pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions. Golden State Gymnastics has policies to prevent and will take steps necessary to protect our employees from harassment.
Agreement to Arbitrate:
Notwithstanding all of the foregoing, I agree for myself, my heirs, representatives, successors, executors, assigns, and administrators that in the event that I seek damages or compensation for the negligence of the GYM or any of its officers, agents or employees, that, as my only remedy, I will submit my claim to legally binding arbitration. I understand that I will be bound by the decision of the court appointed arbitrator. I further understand that the GYM will be bound by the decision of the court appointed arbitrator. I further understand that, in the event of an arbitration hearing the GYM and I will be able to make oral presentations, call witnesses and be represented by legal counsel. I understand that if I am dissatisfied with the result of the arbitration hearing I may not pursue any other remedy against the GYM, legal or otherwise. I understand that the arbitrator’s decision will be admissible in any subsequent proceeding concerning the dispute. This dispute settlement would take the place of any state or federal legal remedies.
**I recognize the dangers inherent with climbing and jumping activities. I am assuming the hazard of this risk upon myself because I wish to participate. I realize that I am subject to injury from this activity and that no form of pre-planning can remove all of the danger to which I am exposing myself.
**Policies subject to change.