At Golden State Gymnastics we are dedicated to providing a safe environment for you children. We believe that you should feel 100% confident in bringing your child to our facility.
- All GSG staff members are USAG safety-certified, have completed the USOC Safe Sport training for child sexual abuse awareness and prevention
- All GSG staff members are CPR/First Aid/AED trained
- All staff members over 18 are background checked through USA Gymnastics and are Live Scanned through the State of California and FBI Fingerprinted (This confirms that people are who they say they are.)
- All GSG staff members are trained in GSG’s Emergency Plan procedures and we conduct periodic Safety Drills during class times.
- All GSG staff members are trained in GSG’s “Code Orange” procedures for a missing child.
- All GSG staff members receiving ongoing training in gymnastics teaching fundamentals, spotting and training techniques through in house training, clinicians, and regional and national level clinics and workshops.
- Students are not allowed to wait outside unaccompanied.
- GSG adheres to all US Safesport guidelines for creating a safe and healthy environment for athletes in prohibitions on any adult from being alone with a child and prohibition of one to one direct communication from an adult to an child by phone, email or social media, without parental or group involvement.
- Parents are welcome to stay during their child’s class and training times. We ask that you sign out at the front desk if you are going to leave.
RESOURCE LIST FOR CHILD ABUSE, SEXUAL ABUSE AND BULLYING AWARENESS AND PREVENTION
US Center for Safesport: https://safesport.org/
For gym parents: https://usagym.org/pages/education/safesport/parents.html
The Child Abuse Prevention Center: http://www.thecapcenter.org/who/
Darkness to Light: https://www.d2l.org/
Megan’s Law Sex Offender Registry: https://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/mobile/Default.aspx
KidSafe Foundation: http://kidsafefoundation.org/
Local Burbank Resource: http://www.morethansex-ed.org/
Burbank Police Department: (818) 238-3000
National Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-422-4453
My Body Belongs To Me – 4 minute age appropriate youtube video to watch with your child: